Pan is a corporate lawyer and a partner in the firm’s commercial team and corporate finance team. His practice covers commercial and corporate transactions, with a particular focus on M&As, joint ventures and commercial law. He regularly advises on company law, regulatory issues and corporate governance.
Pan works with clients in Hong Kong and Mainland China as well as overseas clients, advising public and private companies, banks and individuals on a broad range of transactions.
Pragmatic and solution-focused
Pan takes a pragmatic, solution-focused approach to his practice and prides himself on providing value and solutions to clients in a cost-effective manner. As Pan puts it:
I am passionate about working with clients to find solutions and facilitate transactions, guided by the belief in creating value for clients. I aim to provide pragmatic legal advice and tailor my work to meet the needs of my clients, whilst taking care to avoid unnecessary duplication time and costs.
Pan successfully passed the inaugural Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Legal Professional Examination, and completed all the training and interview assessment, becoming the first group of Hong Kong and Macao lawyers eligible to apply to practice PRC laws in the Greater Bay Area.
Pan had work experience in compliance advisory at a major commercial bank in Hong Kong before starting his legal career.
In his spare time, he likes to explore the Hong Kong countryside and spend time with his family.
- Pan Tsang commented on Hong Kong's expanded paperless listing regime
- 40% of our current partners have been Robertsons' trainees!
- Pan Tsang speaks on LexisNexis webinar panel discussing generative AI in the legal industry
- Robertsons' visit to Hetao International Mediation Center and China Commercial Law Firm to explore cross-border legal services cooperation
- Pan Tsang shared his insights on Hong Kong's capital markets and IPO outlook with Asian Legal Business
- Pan Tsang’s insights featured in Asia Business Law Journal’s cover story entitled “Deadly dominoes”
- Verona Ho and Pan Tsang interviewed by Hong Kong Business on Stamp Duty Ordinance changes
English, Cantonese, Mandarin
Qualifications & Education
Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Legal Professional Examination (2021)
Solicitor, Hong Kong (2015)
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), Chinese University of Hong Kong
LLB (Hons), University of London, England
The Law Society of Hong Kong
Banking & Finance
- Advising on complex loan and security documents
- Advising overseas banks on Hong Kong finance regime for taking of security and enforcement
- Drafting loan agreements, facility agreements, guarantees, share charges and other finance documents
- Advising clients on setting up joint venture and establishing presence in the PRC
- Acting as proxy to attend a board meeting in the PRC in a shareholder dispute
- Acting as Hong Kong counsel for a Hong Kong listed group in an international arbitration in Shanghai
Corporate Finance & Capital Markets
- Acting as Hong Kong counsel in connection with numerous Hong Kong and US IPOs and listings
- Advising listed issuers on ongoing compliance with the Listing Rules
- Advising on equity and debt issues by private and public listed companies
Private Equity & Commercial
- Issuing legal opinions on Hong Kong companies and Hong Kong transaction documents
- Drafting business contracts and documents
- Conducting legal due diligence on Hong Kong entities
- Advising on complex joint ventures, acquisitions and restructurings
- Advising on compliance with the Companies Ordinance and the Securities and Futures Ordinance