Rio represents banks, Hong Kong Main Board listed companies, major corporations and various financial institutions. He advises on commercial matters, joint ventures and financing transactions. Rio has also handled significant corporate and commercial transactions throughout his years of practice.
Besides, Rio has vast experience in civil and criminal litigation as well as arbitrations. He represents high profile individuals and corporations in proceedings on numerous commercial cases. He advises on a wide range of commercial disputes and debt recovery including enforcement, winding up and bankruptcy proceedings.
His practice also includes estate and trust matters, competition law, personal injuries and all other types of civil and criminal matters.
He has been an advocate in various interlocutory applications in High Court and District Court and attends hearings at Courts on all levels in respect of civil and criminal matters.
- Rio Lau named one of Hong Kong’s most influential lawyers under 40 by Hong Kong Business
- Yingke Law Firm (Dongguan)’s Visit at Robertsons
- Rio Lau named on LexisNexis® 40 UNDER 40 2023
- Rio Lau nominated as Finalist of Young Lawyer of the Year, ALB Hong Kong Law Awards 2023
- Robertsons' visit to Hetao International Mediation Center and China Commercial Law Firm to explore cross-border legal services cooperation
- Rio Lau recognised as a Hong Kong Rising Star by ALB
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong (2013)
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), Chinese University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), City University of Hong Kong
The Law Society of Hong Kong