Simon has extensive experience in a broad spectrum of civil and commercial litigation cases, including international arbitrations, regulatory enforcement actions and IP licensing and employment disputes.
Simon has acted in many shareholder disputes bringing just and equitable winding-ups and unfair prejudice and statutory derivative actions as well as applications for inspection of company documents on behalf of aggrieved directors and shareholders.
English, Cantonese, Mandarin
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong (2015)
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), City University of Hong Kong
LLM (Maritime and Transportation Law), City University of Hong Kong
LLB (Hons), University of Durham
The Law Society of Hong Kong
LITIGATION & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Acting for a partner in a law firm partnership dispute involving breach of fiduciary duties.
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual in international investment dispute arbitrations involving claims of more than HK$1 billion.
- Acting in a shareholder dispute concerning a hedge fund with an AUM of US$100 million.
- Representing the former management of a listed company in SFC and ICAC investigations.
- Acting for major music label, entertainment and financial technology businesses in copyright infringement actions, licensing disputes, artiste disputes and employment disputes.
- Acting for listed companies in regulatory enforcement actions to vary Mareva injunctions and oppose winding-up petition.