Nam joined Robertsons as a trainee solicitor and became a Partner of the firm in 2009.
Nam specialises in Commercial Dispute Resolution including construction, contentious probate and banking claims. She also has considerable experience in handling regulatory matters including disciplinary proceedings and related civil claims and criminal prosecution instituted by regulatory authorities.
She is also a part time tutor in the School of Law, City University of Hong Kong, teaching Civil Litigation Practice (one of the core courses of PCLL).
- Representing an insurance company in obtaining Marvea Injunction Orders and Norwich Pharmacal Orders against its former employee and other conspirators concerning the misappropriation of substantial corporate funds and pursuing tracing claims;
- Representing numerous individuals at the management level of listed corporations, responsible officers of licensed corporations and front-line staff of financial institutions to deal with investigations conducted by the Securities and Futures Commission and Hong Kong Monetary Authority concerning regulated activities, market misconduct of all kinds and compliance issues;
- Advising a number of local banks concerning contractual obligations owed to their customers, reinforcing their internal policy in dealing with investment products and providing banking services, representing them to deal with professional complaints and monetary claims made by customers;
- Defending a lay client who was subject to an Injunction Order issued by his former employer, whilst facing simultaneous monetary claims and criminal prosecution as well as divorce proceedings;
- Acting for the executor in a contested multi-jurisdictional probate litigation which involved a substantial estate in the United States and Hong Kong whilst simultaneously dealing with a criminal prosecution instituted by an opponent;
- Representing registered owners of properties resumed by the Government under the Land Resumption Ordinance vis-à-vis issues concerning the amount of compensation payable by the Government;
- Providing attestation services to clients by preparing attestation documentation to certify legal acts, facts and instruments with legal effect in Hong Kong, to be utilised in the PRC.
Speaks Cantonese, English and Mandarin
- Solicitor, Hong Kong SAR (2003)
- Civil Celebrant of Marriages (2011)
- China-Appointed Attesting Officer (2016)