Robertsons’ matrimonial team advises on all aspects of divorce and family law, including:-
- Advising on pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements;
- Preparation of separation agreements;
- Advising on issues relating to custody and arrangements for children;
- Assisting clients on financial dispute resolution and ancillary relief;
- Attending applications for discovery and injunctive relief to restrain the disposal of family assets;
- Assisting with maintenance pending suit applications;
- Enforcement of judgments providing financial support to spouse and/or to children.
We are regularly instructed to assist high net worth individuals regarding disputes that involve international business enterprises and/or complicated financial structures. We also have experience in regard to applications relating to litigation funding within the context of matrimonial proceedings.
Robertsons was successful in appointing (UK) Queen’s Counsel to prosecute the client’s appeal in HJFG v KCY  1 HKLRD 95 which remains the leading judgment with respect to maintenance pending suit / interim maintenance applications in Hong Kong.
In conjunction with our Criminal and Commercial Crime Department, we have acted for spouses involved in domestic violence and emergency situations, resulting in the involvement of the Hong Kong Police and assisting clients in relation to the enforcement of non-molestation orders.
We also advise clients on the availability of alternative dispute resolution measures, offering assistance and guidance via the mediation process.