Robertsons’ Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department is a highly experienced and versatile team with vast experience across a wide range of business sectors.
We work in conjunction with all practice areas of the firm in contentious matters including:-
- Acting on Shareholder disputes, derivative actions and litigation resulting from investments in conjunction with our Private Equity & Commercial Department;
- Assisting our Intellectual Property Department on infringement and piracy cases, particularly in seeking urgent interlocutory relief;
- In conjunction with our Employment team, advising on all aspects of labour-related disputes, as well as acting on larger scale litigation such as enforcement of covenants and springboard injunctions;
- Together with our Regulatory Department, acting on investigations and actions initiated by financial regulatory authorities in Hong Kong, including the Securities and Futures Commission and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority;
- We also support our Insolvency and Restructuring team in actions relating to the winding-up of Hong Kong companies as well as working with our Banking and Finance Department on the enforcement of financing documentation.
- Assisting our Private Client team, we have acted in high profile matrimonial cases and have brought and defended actions on contested wills and probate.
- We also frequently act and advise on complex Cross Border disputes in conjunction with our China Practice Department.
- Our dispute resolution experience extends beyond individual practice areas and we regularly act in diverse fields such as construction, defamation and media-related actions. We also frequently advise on administrative law and have acted on number of significant judicial review cases brought against Hong Kong Government.
We are experienced in all areas of dispute resolution and regularly act on arbitrations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Our team also acts as experts on various aspects of Hong Kong law in proceedings through the region.
- Rio Lau named one of Hong Kong’s most influential lawyers under 40 by Hong Kong Business
- Rio Lau named on LexisNexis® 40 UNDER 40 2023
- Robertsons nominated as Finalist of Civil Litigation Law Firm of the Year, ALB Hong Kong Law Awards 2023
- Barry Hoy and Kevin Steel recognised as Litigation Stars by Benchmark Litigation
- Rio Lau recognised as a Hong Kong Rising Star by ALB