Nam joined Robertsons as a trainee solicitor and became a Partner of the firm in 2009.
Nam specialises in Commercial Dispute Resolution including construction cases, contentious probate cases, banking claims and shareholders dispute. She also has considerable experience in handling regulatory matters including disciplinary proceedings and related civil claims and criminal prosecution instituted by regulatory authorities.
She was appointed as an Attesting Officer by the Ministry of Justice of the People's Republic of China in 2016. In this role, she provides attestation services to clients by preparing attestation documentation to certify legal acts, facts and instruments with legal effect in Hong Kong, to be utilised in the PRC.
She is one of the contributing editors of the Hong Kong Civil Procedure publication (also known as the White Book), which is trusted for its authority and commentary and is relied upon by judges and lawyers alike for guidance on Civil Procedure in legal proceedings in Hong Kong.
She is also a part time tutor at the School of Law, City University of Hong Kong, where she teaches one of the core courses of the PCLL Programme, Civil Litigation Practice.
Cantonese, English, Mandarin
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong SAR (2003)
Civil Celebrant of Marriages (2011)
China-Appointed Attesting Officer (2016)
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), City University of Hong Kong
The Law Society of Hong Kong
Association of China-Appointed Attesting Officers
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Representing an insurance company in obtaining Marvea Injunction Orders and Norwich Pharmacal Orders against its former employee and other conspirators concerning the misappropriation of substantial corporate funds and pursuing tracing claims;
- Representing numerous individuals at the management level of listed corporations, responsible officers of licensed corporations and front-line staff of financial institutions to deal with investigations conducted by the Securities and Futures Commission and Hong Kong Monetary Authority concerning regulated activities, market misconduct of all kinds and compliance issues;
- Defending a lay client who was subject to an Injunction Order issued by his former employer, whilst facing simultaneous monetary claims and criminal prosecution as well as divorce proceedings;
- Acting for the executor in a contested multi-jurisdictional probate litigation which involved a substantial estate in the United States and Hong Kong whilst simultaneously dealing with a criminal prosecution instituted by an opponent;
- Representing registered owners of properties resumed by the Government under the Land Resumption Ordinance vis-à-vis issues concerning the amount of compensation payable by the Government.
INVESTIGATIONS & PROCEEDINGS
- Advising a number of local banks concerning contractual obligations owed to their customers, reinforcing their internal policy in dealing with investment products and providing banking services, representing them to deal with professional complaints and monetary claims made by customers.