Kajal joined the firm as a trainee in 2005 and became a Partner of the firm in 2015. She has vast experience in commercial litigation, including enforcement actions, shareholders’ dispute and insolvency work. She also has considerable experience in probate, employment (both contentious and non-contentious) and been involved in a number of high profile family cases in Hong Kong.
Kajal is a member of Hong Kong Family Law Association and served on the committee of the Young Solicitors Group of the Law Society of Hong Kong from 2007 to 2011. She is also a founding member of the Indian Lawyers Group (ILG) Hong Kong and an active member of the Sindhi Community of Hong Kong.
- Advising generally on a wide range of commercial disputes and debt recovery including enforcement by way of garnishee, winding up and bankruptcy proceedings and attending hearings in the Companies Court for winding up and bankruptcy petitions.
- Handling applications for registration of judgment both in Hong Kong and China under the Foreign Judgments (Reciprocal Enforcement) Ordinance and the Mainland Judgments (Reciprocal Enforcement) Ordinance.
- Handling applications for Mareva Injunction for multinational companies involved in fraudulent scams by rogue companies set up in Hong Kong.
- Acting for a Chairman of a reputable investment management fund in Hong Kong in his divorce proceedings, involving a highly contested maintenance pending suit application, appointment of a receivership and matters arising out of offshore assets, including trusts and companies.
- Acting for a multinational shipping company and a leading international cosmetic brand in defending complaints by employees to the Equal Opportunities Commissioner.
- Acting for a Hong Kong subsidiary of a leading fashion brand listed on the German Stock Exchange on an investigation brought against them by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority.
- Acting for a co-grantee in defending an action brought against him by his brother for alleged misappropriation of corporate funds and assets.
Speaks English, Cantonese, Hindi and Sindhi
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2008)
- Solicitor, Hong Kong SAR (2007)
- Postgraduate Certificate of Laws (PCLL), City University of Hong Kong (2004)
- Bachelors of Law (LL.B), University of Sheffield (2003)