Jennifer is a disputes lawyer. She focuses on commercial litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution and frequently advises on complex commercial litigation including contractual disputes, partnership and shareholders’ disputes, commercial fraud, bankruptcy and insolvency and matters relating to default of payment. She also provides legal advice on cross-border asset tracing and enforcement actions.
Jennifer is also an accredited mediator and has considerable experience in assisting and advising clients on different types of alternative dispute resolution.
English, Cantonese, Mandarin
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong (2006)
Solicitor, England and Wales (2008)
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), University of Hong Kong
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), University of Hong Kong
Postgraduate Diploma in Construction Law, Arbitration and Mediation, University of Hong Kong (2008)
Mediation Certificate, The Accord Group Australia (2008)
Accredited Mediator (General Panel) of Law Society of Hong Kong, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and Hong Kong Mediation Qualification Association Limited
Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Civil Celebrant of Marriages
The Law Society of Hong Kong
The Law Society of England & Wales
Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
Hong Kong Mediation Qualification Association Limited
LITIGATION & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Acting for a partner in defending an action brought by a sibling for alleged misappropriation of substantial partnership funds and assets and resisting application for injunctive relief.
- Representing a director and shareholder of a well-known food brand in Hong Kong in shareholders’ disputes involving cross-border business and substantial landed properties and advising on derivative action under section 732 of the Companies Ordinance.
- Handling applications for freezing orders for multinational companies involved in commercial fraud by companies set up in Hong Kong.
- Representing a multinational company in applying for mareva injunction against a Hong Kong company in aid of arbitration in PRC.
- Representing a well-known artist in Hong Kong in applying for injunction against a famous media group for publication of private and confidential materials.
- Representing a subsidiary of a Hong Kong listed construction company in an arbitration in respect of disputes on variation construction works.
- Advising on cross-border contract disputes involving UK, Australia, British Virgin Islands and Hong Kong and the relevant disputes on issue of jurisdiction and proper forum.
- Advising on trustees and administrators on issues arising out of the administration of substantial assets and landed properties in probate actions.