Geoffrey joined Robertsons as a trainee in 2015 and qualified in 2017 as an associate in the Commercial and Litigation & Dispute Resolution Departments. He has also been admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales in 2019.
His experience includes advising and representing clients in contentious and non-contentious shareholders’ disputes, private equity acquisitions and a wide range of commercial matters.
English, Cantonese, Mandarin (conversational)
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong (2017)
Solicitor, England & Wales (2019)
Bachelor of Laws, (LL.B.) (Hons), University of Warwick
Legal Practice Course (LPC), University of Law, London
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), City University of Hong Kong
The Law Society of Hong Kong
The Law Society of England & Wales
PRIVATE EQUITY & COMMERCIAL
- Acting for an international garments and intimates company in its loan financing and subsequent acquisition by an Israeli-listed textiles and garments company.
- Advising a UK-listed inspection, product-testing and certification company on its contracts and business with customers and suppliers in Hong Kong and overseas.
Acting for various Hong Kong and overseas companies during the due diligence process of their acquisitions by private equity funds or other companies.
LITIGATION & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Advising an alternate director to an international fishing and ship management business in a cross-border shareholders’ dispute and in proceedings to enforce a director’s statutory right to inspect company books and records (HCMP 1331/2017, HCMP 1828/2017 and HCMP 2753/2017).
- Acting for shareholders of an international food & beverage and entertainment business in a cross-border shareholders’ dispute (HCA 183/2014).
- Advising a Hong Kong-listed red-chip company in a landmark Hong Kong case on legal professional privilege on matters relating to legal professional privilege and costs (HCMP 767/2010 and CACV 7/2012).
- Acting for various Hong Kong and overseas individuals and companies in proceedings and interlocutory applications for the recovery of outstanding debts under commercial contracts.