Frank is a partner in Robertsons’ Dispute Resolution Department. He is a contributing editor of the “White Book” (Hong Kong Civil Procedure), the leading publication on court practice and procedure in Hong Kong and is an experienced commercial litigator. Frank advises listed companies, private corporate entities, SMEs, as well as assisting individuals, on practice areas that include arbitration, banking and finance, company disputes, employment, intellectual property and probate litigation.
As a representative of the Hong Kong Law Society delegation of legal professionals, Frank had the privilege to meet with Financial Action Task Force (FATF) assessors, during the Mutual Evaluation of Hong Kong’s compliance and effectiveness of its anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing regime according to international standards. Frank’s role as Head of Compliance at Robertsons requires close monitoring of anti-money laundering regulations, professional ethics and risk management protocols and he is often called upon to advise clients on regulatory compliance issues.
Employment, Insolvency & Restructuring, Wills, Trusts & Probate - Contentious, Family & Matrimonial Disputes, Banking & Finance - Contentious, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property - Contentious
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong (1998)
Solicitor, England & Wales (2008) (Non-practicing)
Bachelor of Laws (Hons.), University of Wolverhampton
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), City University of Hong Kong
The Law Society of Hong Kong
The Law Society of England and Wales
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Bringing contempt of court proceedings against director of debtor company:  HKCFI 664.
- Assisting in recovery of funds following email fraud and securing proprietary injunction:  HKCFI 2475.
- Stay of court proceedings where conflicting jurisdictions are involved: (HCA.1359/2017).
- Assisting shareholders to obtain leave to bring statutory derivative action for remedies against prospective defendants on claims involving breach of fiduciary relationship:  HKEC 163.
- Successfully defending USD5million medical negligence claim on behalf of an international medical practice and obtaining Restrictive Applications Order and Restricted Proceedings Order, to restrict further related claims.
- Assisting client in the dissolution of a partnership and recovery of assets: (HCA.1431/2008).
Wills,Trusts & Probate
- Assisting administrators secure vacant possession of property and recovery of Estate assets against asserted claim of proprietary estoppel:  HKCA 1449.
- Enforcement of mediation agreement and advising Executor on claims involving assets located in North America, Hong Kong, China and Singapore.
Banking & Finance
- Assisting client on claim for breach of fiduciary duty against a bank’s failure to consider the appropriateness of the investments made in conflict with the bank’s position vis-à-vis management fees.
Insolvency & Restructuring
- Assisting executive director on corporate insolvency proceedings asserted by liquidator in excess of USD1billion:  4 HKLRD 248.
- Assisting client in setting aside judgment orders of USD44million in value and setting aside related prohibition orders:  5 HKLRD 359.