Fanny is a Senior Associate of the Intellectual Property Department.
She specialises in trade mark protection in Hong Kong and other jurisdictions around the world. She handles trade mark filings and prosecution including drafting submissions and evidence, and attending hearings conducted in the Trade Marks Registry. Fanny manages international and regional trade mark portfolios for many multinational clients. Her practice includes complex trade mark disputes including trade mark opposition, invalidation and revocation matters. She also assists clients on negotiations of co-existence agreements in connection with trade mark rights, and conducts due diligence on IP transactions.
Cantonese, English, Mandarin, Hokkien
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong, 2008
Solicitor, England & Wales, 2009 (non practicing)
B. Com (Finance)/ Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), The University of New South Wales
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), City University of Hong Kong
Law Society of Hong Kong
The Law Society of England and Wales
- Acted for well-known Italian and French luxury fashion brands in various opposition, invalidation and revocation matters.
- Advised an American film production company on its brand protection and multi-jurisdictional disputes.
- Advised a well-known Swiss luxury watchmaker on its brand protection and acted in various opposition matters.
- Advised an international safety verification organization on the drafting of its certification regulations and securing certification mark protections.
- Advised on the protection and branding of non-traditional trade marks for a Japanese beverage company.
- Managed regional trade mark portfolios for international luxury brands and local jewellery brands.
- Managed an international trade mark portfolio for a well-known electronics/smartphone company and acted in various opposition matters.