Christopher came to Hong Kong to join Robertsons more than thirty years ago and, since then, has accumulated a vast wealth of commercial experience in a diverse range of Hong Kong - based transactions.
Christopher’s practice incorporates finance, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, and trust matters as well as more general commercial work. He has represented a number of major banks and financial institutions both in transactional work as well as advising them on their local regulatory issues and documentation.
Christopher is a member of the Standards and Development Committee of the Hong Kong Society of Notaries.
- Advised overseas-listed mining group on a takeover bid of a Hong Kong listed resources entity and also on regulatory issues arising from proposed substantial transaction.
- Acted separately for two international insurers advising on insurable interest implications for life policies held within trust structures.
- Advised an US OTC B2B internet company on Hong Kong security aspects of convertible loan transaction.
- Reviewed/redrafted and updated overseas-incorporated Hong Kong authorized financial institution’s standard account opening and operating documentation taking into account changes in financial products, banking laws and regulations, consumer protection, anti-money laundering and terrorist financing protocols.
- Acted for borrower on HK$115 million revolving loan facility.
- Acted for US industrial group in acquisition of Hong Kong subsidiaries of US target business.
- Acted for US household brand group in acquisition of Hong Kong incorporated associated companies of UK target company.
- Advised as Hong Kong counsel to private equity media-focused fund in purchase of UK group of companies with related focus including Hong Kong incorporated subsidiaries.
- Assisted US investors in PRC operating entities to take operational control under default provisions of convertible promissory notes.
- Acted for Luxembourg-based international diamond dealers in establishing JV in the PRC structured with Hong Kong incorporated JV vehicle and WFOE operating unit.
- Advised corporate client entering into aircraft management agreement and charter by demise of private aircraft.
- First registration of PRC built VLCC with Hong Kong Ship Registry.
- Acted as HK counsel to UK based limousine service provider in acquisition of HK business.
- Acted as HK counsel of Vietnamese lender taking off-shore security from Vietnamese property developer.
- Acted for US based lender offering deferred purchase agreements and factoring arrangements with several borrowers.
- Advised HK target in-room hotel entertainment provider in acquisition by Singapore listed company.
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bachelor of Laws, Southampton University, England
- Solicitor, England & Wales (1979)
- Solicitor, Hong Kong (1982)
- Solicitor, Victoria, Australia (1985)
- Notary Public, Hong Kong (1990)
- Civil Celebrant, Hong Kong (2009)