Charmaine is an associate in Robertsons.
Her practice focuses on (i) private client matters including cross jurisdictional wills and estate planning, probate, large scale corporate and individual immigration applications, employment, tenancy and general commercial and (ii) corporate finance and general corporate matters, including initial public offerings, post-listing transactions and general compliance matters for listed companies in Hong Kong.
Before embarking on her legal career, she worked at one of the four largest international accountancy firms as a tax accountant, specialising in Hong Kong corporate tax and corporate strategy & operations matters.
Charmaine is a current member of the Trainee Solicitors Committee of The Law Society of Hong Kong. The Committee is responsible for overseeing all policy matters relating to the trainee solicitor contract system in Hong Kong.
In addition, Charmaine is a member of Board of Review (Inland Revenue Ordinance) from 2021 onwards.
English, Cantonese, working knowledge of French
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong (2018)
Certified Public Accountant (Fellow), Hong Kong
Certified Tax Advisor (Fellow), Hong Kong
Advanced Diploma in Specialist Taxation, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Hong Kong
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Juris Doctor (J.D.), The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Bachelor of Commerce (majoring in Marketing & International Business), UBC Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia, Canada
The Law Society of Hong Kong
Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
The Taxation Institute of Hong Kong
- Immigration related matters in Hong Kong and employment visas and dependent visa applications for individuals.
Wills, Trusts & Probate
- Probate applications involving various foreign elements in other jurisdictions including the UK, the USA, the Philippines, Germany, Japan, Thailand and Taiwan.
- Estate planning and preparing Wills and Enduring Power of Attorney.
CORPORATE FINANCE & CAPITAL MARKETS
- Advised for an issuer engaging in the manufacturing and selling of slewing rings in the PRC on its initial public offering listed on GEM of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised for an issuer engaging in the food and beverage industry in Singapore on its initial public offering listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised for an issuer engaging in the manufacturing and selling of low-voltage electrical power distribution and control devices in the PRC on its initial public offering listed on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised for an issuer engaging in the provision of corporate finance advisory services in Hong Kong listed on its initial public offering on GEM of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised for the sponsor and underwriters on its initial public offering by a distributor in the biometrics technology industry in Hong Kong, Macau and the PRC listed on GEM of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acted for offeree company in the mandatory conditional general offer to acquire all its issued shares.
- Advising Hong Kong listed companies on general compliance and transactional matters, including connected transactions, notifiable transactions and other on-going compliance matters under the Rules Governing the Listing of Securities on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited and other relevant ordinances in Hong Kong.