Ben joined Robertsons as a trainee solicitor and has been a partner in the Dispute Resolution Department since 2008.
Ben specialises in civil litigation in the courts of Hong Kong and in arbitration, in particular large scale litigation involving a multitude of parties and complex issues, commercial fraud cases involving different jurisdictions, dealing with injunction applications (frequently urgent applications), shareholder litigation, professional negligence, trusts and probate litigation.
Ben is also a mediator and has been involved in a number of successful mediations leading to conclusive settlements.
Ben is also a contributing editor of Hong Kong Civil Procedure (also known as the White Book), the exclusive publication and reference used by all practicing litigators and the Judiciary in relation to civil litigation in Hong Kong
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong (2005)
Solicitor, England & Wales (2007)
Mediator (CEDR Accredited) (2010)
BA (Hons) University of Hull, United Kingdom
LLM (Master of Laws), King's College London, United Kingdom
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), City University, Hong Kong
The Law Society of Hong Kong
The Law Society of England & Wales
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Obtaining urgent ex parte proprietary and mareva injunctions with ancillary disclosure orders.
- Leading and coordinating a substantial number of cases in the defence of an international law firm in relation to a former partner and his fraudulent activities.
- Defending a US based investor in an action involving injunctive relief and proprietary claims over assets in Hong Kong.
- Advising a professional statutory body in relation to the regulation and professional conduct of its members.
- Advising and acting in several disputes for high net worth beneficiaries of sizable estates (both testate and intestate) covering estates in Hong Kong, Canada and the UK.
- Acting for a claimant in relation to property investment losses involving a project in Portugal.
- Advising a corporate finance company in a claim brought by its former solicitors.
- Advising a Bank in relation its obligations involving debt based derivative type instruments.
- Advising a Hedge Fund in relation to a dispute over its investment in the telecommunications industry. Litigating several High Court Actions on behalf of a director and shareholder of a family company against other members of the board. .
- Pursuing proceedings on behalf of German beneficiaries of an estate against its Administrator in Hong Kong.
- Advising a high net worth individual in relation to substantial sums of money loaned leading to the issue of legal proceedings and subsequently a settlement through mediation.and shareholders.